Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Murud beach



This post comes early. This is going to be extended weekend and I am going for landscape workshop with group. This painting is one I did few months back (sometime in June last year)during one such long weekend when I went to Murud with my wife and 4 and half years old son. It was nice little break from routine. Murud is less than 200 KM from Mumbai and its hence makes good weekend gateway. This costal area has lovely beaches which are not that crowded. Drive from Alibaug to Murud is enjoyable experience where on one side you see green forest and on other side sea plays hide and seek. To be honest I prefer this costal area over Goa. ( Though must tell you there are not many good hotels and other facilities here so you have to be prepared for some makeshift hotels or homestay if you can't get into some good resort).

For me it was memorable weekend . This is the only painting I did in those 4 days :)

4 comments:

William F. Renzulli said...

Very nice painting.

Diego Sierro said...

A beautiful landscape.

Art with Liz said...

Hi Ramesh this place you've captured looks totally amazing. So peaceful and quiet. The way you've done the sky and the mountains - fantastic.

Ajay Patil said...

Thanks@all